BeefyKunoichi: Please take the time to call your local representative regarding this bill. Protect expression. Protect the internet.
(ooc) GUYS THIS JUST HAPPENED TO MY DASH. Yesterday I was wondering what all this talk about the Internet bill was, and I thought it was small - BUT GUYS, TUMBLR STAFF IS NOW ASKING FOR OUR SUPPORT. SO…. I’M OFFICIALLY FREAKING OUT.
((Followers, you know what to do. Go, my legion!))
Do not ignore this. Do not scroll past. Take action.
PLEASE JUST DO IT.
I just wrote a very lengthy letter to the Congress, please do the same!
Wrote a letter earlier today. Do it. Tumblr addicts need to save their home.
US Congress agrees to extend Patriot Act -
The vote to extend until 2015 controversial counter-terrorism search and surveillance powers.
Schoolhouse Rock - “How a Bill Becomes a Law”
Schoolhouse Rock always cheers me up.
1) Republicans not only want to reduce women’s access to abortion care, they’re actually trying to redefine rape. After a major backlash, they promised to stop. But they haven’t.
2) A state legislator in Georgia wants to change the legal term for victims of rape, stalking, and domestic violence to “accuser.” But victims of other less gendered crimes, like burglary, would remain “victims.”
3) In South Dakota, Republicans proposed a bill that could make it legal to murder a doctor who provides abortion care. (Yep, for real.)
4) Republicans want to cut nearly a billion dollars of food and other aid to low-income pregnant women, mothers, babies, and kids.
5) In Congress, Republicans have proposed a bill that would let hospitals allow a woman to die rather than perform an abortion necessary to save her life.
6) Maryland Republicans ended all county money for a low-income kids’ preschool program. Why? No need, they said. Women should really be home with the kids, not out working.
7) And at the federal level, Republicans want to cut that same program, Head Start, by $1 billion. That means over 200,000 kids could lose their spots in preschool.
8) Two-thirds of the elderly poor are women, and Republicans are taking aim at them too. A spending bill would cut funding for employment services, meals, and housing for senior citizens.
9) Congress will vote any day now on a Republican amendment to cut all federal funding from Planned Parenthood health centers, one of the most trusted providers of basic health care and family planning in our country.
10) And if that wasn’t enough, Republicans are pushing to eliminate all funds for the only federal family planning program. (For humans. But Republican Dan Burton has a bill to provide contraception for wild horses. You can’t make this stuff up).
This is an email I got from Kat Barr, MoveOn.org Political Action.
The U.S. House of Representatives has just voted to bar Planned Parenthood health centers from all federal funding for birth control, cancer screenings, HIV testing, and other lifesaving care.
Trigger warning: Information about rape, incest, abortion
ALL RAPE IS FORCIBLE, YOU MISOGYNIST ASSHOLES.
One of the first acts of the new Republican-controlled House is to take away the floor voting rights of six delegates representing areas such as the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam and American Samoa. Five of those delegates are Democrats, while one, from the Northern Marianas Islands, is an independent.
And the majority of their constituents are POC!
of course they did. ugh.
WHAT THE FUCK
I didn’t expect so many NWI Mutants to message me.
Me and Levi were always unsure of weather you were cool till you handed out a flyer during...
booking more shows
it’s rad that people are coming to me! it makes me happy
now we just need more DIY spaces to put these damn shows in!
did u know that the chemical Pyridine is found in the leaves of Belladonna and Marshmallow plants, as well as fried chicken, fried...
Collaborating with mitchellsnyder on a zine, is mostdef gonna be the highlight of my recent life. EVeryone.. look forward to...